Children transfer to Keinton from a variety of Pre-School settings and we are very proud of the growing relationship that we have with our local Pre-School providers. The majority of children come from either Barton St David Pre-school or Charlton Pre-school. Please use the links below to find further information:
Admission, Induction and Transfer Arrangements
A Child's first experience of school is a precious and memorable occasion. We therefore aim to ensure a smooth transition from home or pre-school to school, for both children and parents.
We do this through:
· Inviting all parents to an induction meeting during the term before their child starts school. This meeting is led by the Headteacher and Foundation Stage Teacher.
· The foundation Stage class teacher visits all children at their current nursery or pre-school, allowing valuable discussion time with key workers.
· We provide drop in sessions during June and July where parents and their children can spend time in the classroom with the class teacher and teaching assistants.
· The children have pre-school visits on two mornings where they can spend time in their new class with their new teacher before starting school. This usually happens in June/July.
· At the beginning of the new year, a progressive intake gradually introduces children to school. This starts with half days, leading to full time schooling by the Autumn half term.
· Each child's individual needs are always taken into consideration and occasionally the induction plan is extended for particular children.
· Parents are warmly welcomed into school in the morning with their child, particularly imprortant for some children for the first few weeks of term.
· Parents are informed and kept up to date about our school and the foundation stage curriculum.
· Pre-schools complete a pre-school transfer form, providing information about the child in relation to the areas of learning in the foundation stage curriculum.